Meeting women online, for a lot of modern day men, is getting more and more popular. That’s simply because online dating is the best bet for those who…
… do not have the luxury of time to meet potential dates in person.
…need to expand the limits of their mate-hunting territory beyond their locality.
…are comfortable of doing virtual hand-shakes than physical ones.
In a recently released online dating survey, it has been found out that about 80% of the 54 million singles in America have tried meeting a potential mate online. 88% of these singles have used dating sites. The same survey states that the average online dater spends about $250 per year on subscription and membership fees. According to meeting-women-online.com, that figure should be taken as a conservative number. When trying to meet women, men use a multi-prong strategy to solve the “where to meet girls” question and resort to lists of online dating sites for help to find good places to meet women that meet their dating criteria. Indeed, the online dating industry is among the revenue tigers of the Internet. For this, we can say that the success of this industry can be viably translated to one’s success in finding a significant other. But did you know that you don’t really have to spend a fortune so you can bag a date online? Have you been told that controlling your online image is more than enough to be great at meeting women online?
Girls: Boy, do they Stalk!
Alright, this is not really “stalking” but some weird form of an “online background check“. People do this instinctually especially when the subject of the check is a potential mate. With the rise in the number of internet dating crimes such as assault, rape and even those federal offences where one unknowingly becomes an accessory or a part of laundering scams, those who choose to make their dating pursuits online have become more cautious. No wonder when a guy is being adorable to a girl online and a connection starts to take form, the girl puts on her detective hat automatically. And boys, don’t act as if you don’t do this too!
So how do girls normally undertake their stealthy online detective activities?
- You two form a connection that’s strong enough to warrant an exchange of Facebook profiles or phone numbers.
- She gets your full name, possibly an idea of where you work or go to school, what your favorite stuffs are, a few details about your family and even your dog’s breed.
- She will then Google your name and gathers or opens the results, which fit the things she knows about you.
- She gets to see more internet profiles of you. Possibly other social networking profiles such as that one you have on LinkedIn. If you are “public enough,” she may even dig out your long abandoned MySpace and Friendster profiles.
- If you had been silly in using the same username on all your online dating profiles, she gets a peek on how well you do in meeting other women online.
- Freaked out already? Chill out because getting stalked on is not always a bad thing. In fact, you can use the possibility of getting stalked online to your advantage.
Stalking is NOT Always a Bad Thing
The yield of a woman’s detective undertaking of your ‘where- and whatabouts’ depends on…
…how careful you are in sorting out what goes public on the Internet and what stays private.
…how you put yourself out there.
…how you manage to control and build the image you want to be perceived as online.
As mentioned towards the end of the previous section, you can always use the possibility of getting stalked to your advantage especially when it comes to meeting women online. How? Simple! Just take these steps to heart:
- Perform an “online image assessment.” Google your own name.
- Take a look at the search results that pertain to you. Are they positive? Do you like the results your search turned in?
- Go over your online profiles. Prioritize those that are most recent. Try to assess what these public (and private) profiles tell about you. Sort out your details and be wary of making everything public. Try to be mysterious. Giving everything away can put you out as someone who is desperate.
- Don’t forget to find out which photos of you are readily available on the web. Aside from the fact that photos can easily give you away, they can also be used by crooks to build phony profiles to scam people.
- Try to see if your online dating profile/s can easily be viewed. Search results that pull your dating profiles that easy may not work to your advantage. As much as possible, vary your dating site usernames and keep all your online dating profiles private.
See? It’s easy. Everything is just a matter of being mindful of the image you want a potential mate, and even the rest of the world, to perceive you to be.
Touching Base: Maintain your Online Dating Profiles!
If you are dead serious about trusting your love life or that “special part” of your social life to online dating sites, then you should take the time to go over your online dating profile regularly. A well-put profile that is genuine enough to make your real personality shine is an essential ingredient in being successful at meeting women online. The things you say about yourself and the manner you say these are your first point of contact with any potential date. Sadly, for a lot of men and even women, their inattention to their own dating profiles become the pitfalls and cracks that end up getting filled with tears of desperation and dating frustration. If you see yourself at fault at neglecting your own profile, this is your chance to right the wrong. Below is a list of things you can do to make your online dating profile a place where you build the image of the person you want your future connections to see you as.
- Be you. A recent survey done on straight females who are looking for straight males on one of today’s leading dating sites suggests that women are more into nice guys who are honest about their “bad side” than guys who appear to be “all squeaky clean.”
- When writing the answers for your dating essay questions, don’t forget to review, proofread and edit where and when needed. While slip-ups on commonly confused terms such as “your” and “you’re,” can be forgiven, you just can’t underestimate the “seductive powers” that’s brought to you by impeccable grammar.
- Smile! While mystery never fails to pique interest, not showing your face will do you no good. That’s even when your profile photo is the most flattering snap of your six pack manly abs. The best angles that work for men are “stolen” type ones. Don’t post a photo where you stare right into the camera’s lens. Don’t scare off the ladies with such ‘mugshot-ish’ snaps!
Keeping your online image under your thumb is something that will definitely work to your advantage whether it is for dating, finding and keeping a job, or just keeping a reputable online presence. Remember these things we have talked about and surely you will ace the craft of meeting women online and get something great from your online dating sites. In order to meet the women you actually want to meet; you have to be the person that those women would want to shake hands with. Good luck!